Google is rolling out HTML5 by Default, which will disable Adobe Flash Player unless the user indicates that they want Flash content on specific sites.
Eventually, all websites will require the user’s permission to run Flash.
Not all users and sites will be affected immediately. HTML5 by Default and the associated user prompts will be introduced gradually.
- The feature will be rolled out over several months.
- HTML5 By Default will be enabled for 1% of Chrome 55 Stable users in the coming days.
- The feature is enabled for 50% of Chrome 56 beta users.
- With Chrome 56 stable in February, we plan to enable it for all users.
- In January, users will be prompted to run Flash on a site-by-site basis for sites they have never visited before.
- In October, all sites will require user permission to run Flash.