Tech Doctor’s Terms and Conditions
Akesa Technologies (Pty) Ltd trading as Tech Doctor, provides mobile on-site computer maintenance, support and consulting services. (Herein referred to as “The Services”) The Services provided to the customer, are subject to the following terms and conditions. By confirming a Tech Doctor booking, the customer accepts these Terms and Conditions.
Appointments and Rates:
Tech Doctor will attend the customer’s premises at the prearranged time. The Customer will pay for all Services provided, at the rates currently indicated on our website.
Tech Doctor’s normal working hours are Monday through Friday, 08:00 to 17:00. In some cases, subject to previous arrangements being made, The Services will be provided out of the normal working hours. These will include Saturday and or Sunday and a latest working time of 21:00. An overtime fee will be charged for these additional working hours. Weeknights and Saturdays will be charged at one and a half times the normal hourly rate. (As well as travel reimbursement.) Sundays will be charged at double the normal hourly rate. (As well as travel reimbursement.) The Tech Doctor technician will remain at the customer’s premises for the entire time that the Tech Doctor technician is on site.
- Tech Doctor must be notified of any appointment cancellations, by no later than 2 hours, prior to the appointment. Tech Doctor reserves the right to invoice any customer when cancellation occurs, less than two hours prior to the appointment.
- If the Tech Doctor technician offers a solution that the customer does not wish to use, the customer will be charged for the time spent on site up to this point.
- If the technician is prevented from resolving a problem because the customer does not possess the appropriate software disks, drivers or product serial numbers, the customer will be charged for the time spent up to that point.
- If the technician diagnoses a fault with a customer’s Internet Service Provider, even when the ISP denies any fault, the customer will be charged the standard rates for the time spent on site.
The customer will pay Tech Doctor the amount invoiced by the Tech Doctor technician. This amount is due to Tech Doctor from the time the invoice is first given or sent to the customer. Tech Doctor will attend the Customer’s premises for the agreed period, by the customer, prior to or at the commencement of the appointment. Tech Doctor will endeavour to diagnose and or remedy the problem(s) described by the customer, at the commencement of the appointment. If the problems have not been remedied at the end of the first hour of Tech Doctor attendance, Tech Doctor will discuss with the customer the options available. The customer may ask Tech Doctor to continue working on the problem(s), or make a further appointment. The customer may terminate the appointment at any time. On termination, the customer will pay Tech Doctor the amount incurred in respect of additional time, if any, beyond the first hour’s attendance. Payment is to be made in cash or by credit card or Electronic Fund Transfer (provided the Tech Doctor technician is supplied with a printed copy of the completed transfer). Credit card payment is accepted, however, Tech Doctor only accepts certain credit cards. Please enquire when booking your job which cards can be used. In the event of a default or dishonoured cheque or non-payment, Tech Doctor will charge interest at the rate of 1.5 percent per month. The interest will be charged from the date of the invoice up to and including the date payment is made in full.
- Tech Doctor accepts no liability in respect of any problem(s) it is not able to remedy due to any matter beyond its control. Including, but not limited to, the age, specification or condition of the customer’s hardware and or software. As well as a customer’s failure to provide appropriate software disks, drivers, product serial numbers or any fault with the customer’s ISP.
- The customer hereby confirms that a full back up of the customer’s hard-drive has been made prior to Tech Doctor commencing The Services. The customer further confirms that there is no legal restriction or impediment to Tech Doctor providing Services to the customer.
- Tech Doctor shall, under no circumstances, be liable, either in contract, tort or otherwise for any damage or injury caused to the customer, its employees, agents or any third parties. Including, without limitation, any direct and or indirect or consequential damages, expenses, costs, profits, lost savings, earnings, interruption to business activity, lost or corrupted data or other liability arising out of or related to The Services provided by Tech Doctor or out of installation, de-installation, use of, or inability to use the customer’s computer equipment, hardware, software or peripherals. The customer will, upon demand, indemnify Tech Doctor in respect to loss, damage or injury arising from the provision of The Services. Tech Doctor has no liability to the Customer for data loss or damage incurred in any circumstances whatsoever.
Tech Doctor will maintain the confidentiality of the customer’s files and or data. Tech Doctor further undertakes not to provide any customer information to any third party, save in the event that it is lawfully required to do so. Tech Doctor reserves the right to refuse the provision of The Services for any reason. Including, but not limited to, the presence of unlicensed or illegal software and or material of an obscene or pornographic nature on a customer’s computer. If, for such reason, Tech Doctor terminates The Services, the customer shall be liable for any charges incurred in respect to the time spent on site by the Tech Doctor technician.
Goods provided by Tech Doctor:
Tech Doctor may make recommendations to the customer, or the customer may request that a product be provided by Tech Doctor, in order for Tech Doctor to perform The Services. All expressed or implied warranties, descriptions, representatives and conditions as to the quality or compatibility in respect of The Services, any item of software, hardware or peripheral provided by Tech Doctor, are expressly excluded. Tech Doctor has no liability as to the suitability of the performance of The Services. Nor of any product manufactured, sold or supplied by a third party, whether or not that product has been recommended to the customer by Tech Doctor. Any hardware, software or equipment provided to the customer by Tech Doctor shall remain the property of Tech Doctor until full payment is received.
Return Visit and Complaints Policy:
In the event of any dissatisfaction with The Service provided by Tech Doctor, the customer should immediately contact Tech Doctor on 010 593 0531. Tech Doctor will make an appointment for a return visit by the designated technician. The technician will endeavour to rectify the problem. If the cause of the dissatisfaction was due to a matter beyond the control of Tech Doctor, the Customer shall pay for the additional time incurred at Tech Doctor normal rates. If the problem arose directly as a result of Tech Doctor previous attendance no further charge shall be made.